We are currently hiring for a Crew Member. This position installs energy conservation measures and performs home repairs in residential buildings. Responsibilities include:
- Follow work order to complete energy conservation measures indicated and according to program rules and requirements.
- Find and seal areas that allow air to enter or escape buildings.
- Install insulation in attics, crawl spaces, basements, etc.
- Perform energy related repairs and minor home repairs.
- Assist in loading and unloading of vans.
- Assist Crew Leader in meeting predetermined program production goals and proper documentation of job hours.
- Responsible for proper use and care of assigned tools, equipment and vans.
- Assist with inventory controls of equipment, tools and materials.
- Perform inspection and minor maintenance tasks on equipment and vans.
- Attendance and participation in work related training and seminars as directed by supervisor.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Additional training in building construction, energy conservation or related field is preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and field guides to complete work as required by state contracts.
- Must be able to use hand and power operated tools.
- Must be physically able to perform work including the ability to withstand extremes of heat and cold with no adverse affects on health and the ability to climb ladders, work on roofs or other high places and crawl in small spaces such as attics.
- Must be able to work effectively with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to use required personal protective equipment such as respirators.
- Achieve and maintain certification & training requirements for this position such as Lead Safe Renovator, Asbestos Supervisor, OSHA 10 hour, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have an acceptable driving record.
This position is Monday thru Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm. Project Home offers an excellent benefits package!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer